The Immune Booster
In light of this month’s special of On Guard Throat Drops I’d like to share how I use On Guard as an immune booster and also for other occasions. This oil contains: Cinnamon, Clove bud, Eucalyptus, Rosemary, and Wild Orange.
I use On Guard:
- A daily massage for my children on their feet. For my infant, who loves daily massages I also add some to his back with fractionated coconut oil. He has never been ill even when other family members have brought home colds, flu, allergies, and even after a trip to the emergency room!
- I use to gargle with some salt water when I feel a cold coming on.
- As a teething helper for my infant. BUT only when added with a carrier oil, otherwise it burns his skin.
- Diffused in the bathroom and kitchen to kill any viruses or bacteria in the air and on surfaces.
- Applied directly to any insect bites I have to help with the pain and heal more quickly.
- This is also great for colic and I rub on my infants stomach to help with digestion, cramping, and general aches due to the combination of oils.
The following is borrowed from: http://www.everythingessential.me/Blends/OnGuard.html
Editor’s note: doTERRA makes a number of products to make it easier to use the On Guard blend. These include throat drops, hand wipes, and a foaming hand wash with a push top dispenser. Click here for more information about these products.
Apply to surfaces to kill germs and pathogens. Diffuse in rooms to provide immune support and to rid the area of bacteria, viruses, mold, and fungi.
Apply topically with masSage to feet, back, neck and shoulders to offer immune support.
Apply with lymphatic masSage at the onset of or during illness. The oils included in this type of blend are GRAS.
Take 2-3 drops per day orally for 3 days prior to surgery and apply with masSage to strengthen immune system and guard against infection.
Take orally with honey, agave, or juice at the onset of nagging symptoms of cold, flu, and viruses.
At the onset of sore throat or to fight laryngitis, place 2-3 drops in ¼ cup of water, gargle, swish and pull for 5 minutes, then spit. Take 2 drops internally.
Add 2-3 drops of protection blend and 1 drop of Lemon in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and take internally every hour up to 8 hours while relief comes from gallbladder attacks. One can apply similarly using digestive blends.
Add several drops to distilled water in a spray bottle and use the mixture to disinfect surfaces in the kitchen and bathroom.
ON GUARD by Robert James
52 Top uses for On Guard antimicrobial blend of essential oils.
1. Mix with a tblsp of water, gargle for 1 minute then swallow at the on-set of a sore throat.
2. Put 5 drops Oregano and 5 drops on guard in a 00 capsule and take 3 times daily at the on set of cold or flu symptoms.
3. Put on the soles children’s feet at night during cold & flu season to support immune system.
4. Put several drops on a bowl of hot – hot water and Breathe in the vapors as it begins to volatilize when you have lung congestion.
5. Put 50 drops in a spray bottle with 30 oz of distilled water. Shake often and use to sanitize kitchen and bathroom surfaces.
6. Add to your dishwasher for micro clean dishes.
7. Add to your laundry cycle for micro clean clothes.
8. Add to your mop water for cleaner floors.
9. Apply to bee and insect stings to neutralize the toxin and relieve the pain.
10. Gargle and brush daily for healthy teeth and gum’s and to prevent and treat gum disease.
11. Apply to gum’s and teeth, or swish with 5 drops of on guard & 1tbsp of water for pain relief from toothaches and after dental work.
12. Diffuse in homes or business to kill air borne pathogens, inhibit mold and build immune systems.
13. Put a few drops on air filters when changing them to kill pathogens in the duct work.
14. Add to Emergen-C or Orange juice to help congestion and fight flu and cold.
15. Put a drop in your mouth and push or squeeze it around to relive smoking urges. (enhance with an extra drop or two of Clove.)
16. For warts, apply topically, rotating between Oregano & Frankincense.
17. Apply a drop on a pets sore or wound to enhance healing.
18. Have the diffuser going in your home when the kids come home to ward off germs.
19. Make an anti-biotic blend using On Guard (12 drops) Oregano (6 drops) Frankincense (2 drops) in a 00 gel cap.
20. Add 15 drops to every cup of corn starch, mix and sprinkle on carpet. Rake, leave for 1 hour then Vacuum for micro clean carpet.
21. Mix a 2-3 drops of on guard and 2 drops of Lemon EO with honey or agave in a teaspoon for a cold or cough relief medicine for kids.
22. Gargle with 1 tbps of water and 1 drop each of Lemon and on guard hourly for laryngitis.
23. Put several drops on the HVAC vents of a hotel room or office to kill airborne pathogens and germs.
24. Mix with baking soda to clean bathtubs.
25. Apply neat to the toes and nails to combat fungus.
26. Combine 2 tbps of water with 5 drops of on guard in a small glass and store your toothbrush overnight to sanitize.
27. Use a 50/50 mix of on guard and purified water and spray onto oven interior. Leave for 15 minutes, then wipe away greasy spots.
28. Apply to hands to remove stubborn, sticky substances like tree sap.
29. Add to the water in your vacuum cleaner/steamer to disinfect the carpet.
30. Put a few drops in your vacuum bag to kill pathogens.
31. Put 15 drops in a 6oz spray bottle, shake and spray rooms, desks, or bed sheets to protect against pathogens.
32. Clean the upholstery and dashboard of your car.
33. Gargle with on guard and 1 tbsp of water prior speaking engagements or singing performances.
34. Rub on stains as a pre-wash stain remover.
35. Add 3 drops to your tooth brush and brush every day for a healthy mouth and to prevent cavities, gum disease.
36. Apply to teeth that have been damaged or broken to help them heal.
Make an on guard spray with 15 drops for every 6 oz of water, use the spray for:
37. Wipe doorknobs and other things touched by the public.
38. Wipe dirty piano keys to clean and disinfect.
39. Use to clean childrens hands when traveling.
40. Use on the steering wheel and gearshift of your vehicle.
41. Use on public telephones to remove germs.
42. Use on public computer keyboards and mice.
43. Use as an underarm deodorant.
44. Spray on hands before and after shaking hands with a lot of people.
45. Spray in public restrooms on airplanes to reduce airborne bacteria.
46. Carry for protection in countries with cholera, malaria or dysentery.
47. Use as an air freshener for cooking odors or other unwanted smells.
48. Take to the gym and spray all the equipment you use.
49. Take to the supermarket and use to disinfect shopping cart handles.
50. Use in the classroom for desks, tables and other items handled by children.
51. Spray in your mouth and throat at First onset of cold or bronchitis.
52. Spray on shower stalls and bathroom walls to disinfect and remove mold.